BodySpec is coming to CFA on September 24th
This is your chance to get a DXA scan to learn more about your body composition! This is by appointment only. Schedule your appointment here. (Scroll down to the CrossFit Advantage location)
WHAT IS DXA?
Dual-energy absorptiometry what?
A BodySpec DXA scan (also known as a DEXA scan) is a simple, 10-minute body fat test that takes a comprehensive snapshot of your exact breakdown of bone, fat tissue, and muscle mass. The DXA scan is the most accurate and precise body fat test available.
DXA stands for dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry. Our DXA scans are performed using the same medical-grade machine used by hospitals, universities, and professional athletic facilities. The DXA uses very weak x-ray beams to detect the composition of each square inch of your body. These results are interpreted and aggregated to give you not only a total body fat percentage but also complete visualization and analysis of your lean tissue and bone density.
Why get a DXA scan?
A DXA scan answers the question, What are you made of? Knowing your body composition gives you the information you need to:
- Understand your body’s individual needs, strengths and weaknesses with respect to training, diet, and overall health
- Visualize and pinpoint the exact impact of a new training or diet plan down to exact muscle gains and fat loss in specific areas of the body
- Make decisions about adjusting and optimizing your program to suit your body’s specific responses
- Compare your bone health to others of your age, gender, and ethnicity
- Identify personal long-term health risks
- Make a DXA appointment online. An appointment is required, but it’s very easy to make, and you can cancel or change up to 24 hours beforehand.
- For the highest accuracy of results, come in clothes without metal. Workout clothes work great! If you plan to scan multiple times, try to do it under the same circumstances each time (time of day, food, exercise, etc).
- Lie down on our scanner for about 10 minutes. You’ll receive your results immediately.
- A consultant will sit with you for another 10 minutes to review your results and answer questions.
DXA scanners on our trucks have a maximum weight limit of 350 lbs, whereas our Los Angeles location’s scanner has a maximum weight limit of 450 lbs.
Additionally, if you have recently had a barium x-ray, a nuclear medicine scan, or any other x-ray procedure involving ingestion or injection of a tracer substance, please wait at least 2 weeks after that procedure before scheduling a DXA scan.
Finally, if you are pregnant, please do not sign up for a DXA scan.
Single Scan: $45
Interested? Come try it out! You’ll be amazed by how much you learn about your body and you’ll gain amazing new insights on how to improve your training or dieting habits!
Two Scan Package: $85
A two scan package is a great way to track your performance, providing a clear before and after snapshot of your body composition. This is the perfect way to see how your new fitness or diet program has worked for you.